Concerns have been raised about Burma's census, which took place between 30 March and 10 April. In a recent briefing paper by Burma Campaign UK, the main issues are outlined, particularly concerns around an increase in violence and exacerbating of ethnic tensions. See the link below for further reading.
There is a growing humanitarian and human rights crisis in Arakan State, with over 100,000 Rohingya people displaced.
- One Year on From Meiktila Violence – Hate Speech Unchallenged – Prejudice To Become Law
- Burma Census Should Be Postponed
- Open Letter from Myanmar/Burma Civil Society to the United Nations Human Rights Council
- UN Human Rights Council Burma Resolution Must Not Drop Demands For Action
- European Union Must Support International Investigation Into Human Rights Abuses Against Rohingya