Concerns have been raised about Burma's forthcoming census, to take place between 30 March and 10 April. In a recent briefing paper by Burma Campaign UK, the main issues are outlined, particularly concerns around an increase in violence and exacerbating of ethnic tensions. See the link below for further reading.
There is a growing humanitarian and human rights crisis in Arakan State, with over 100,000 Rohingya people displaced.
- European Union Must Support International Investigation Into Human Rights Abuses Against Rohingya
- Religious freedom must be central to Burma’s democratisation
- No End in Sight For Political Prisoners in Burma – Permanent Review Mechanism Needed
- EU-Myanmar: Embrace Civil Society!
- EU Must Highlight Ongoing Human Rights Abuses in UNGA Burma Resolution